South Carolina Business Litigator
With a deep desire to find purpose-driven work, there are more individuals (many of whom are former executives at large corporations) who are seeking to become entrepreneurs or invest in small, privately-owned companies. As a minority shareholder or business partner, are you really in control of your own destiny? Differences in ownership can result in abuse and efforts to squeeze out other equity holders. Business litigator Andy Arnold will represent you in corporate breakups, small business divorces, freeze-out, breaches of fiduciary duty and unfair stock options.
Shareholder Oppression Attorney for South Carolina
The success or survival of a business often depends on mutual respect and trust. Once lost, problems follow. Dishonesty and greed can unravel a business partnerships. Using the power of majority ownership, a majority stakeholder can deny rights of minority shareholders. This may include:
- Terminating Employment of a Minority Shareholder
- Wrongful Demotion of a Minority Shareholder
- Improper Removal of a Minority Shareholder from Board of Directors
- Denying a Minority Shareholder Access to Information
- Awarding Disguised or De Facto Dividends to Majority Shareholders
- Recapitalization or Mergers that Reduce/Eliminate a Minority Shareholder’s Interest
- Misuse of Company Funds
- Excessive Salaries or Using Corporate Assets for Personal Benefits
- Oppressive Conduct at Board Meetings
If you are a part of a small business and your partners are trying to push you out of your business, you need an experienced advisor, and if necessary, litigator on your side. Don’t wait until it’s too late; it’s never too early to know your options and legal rights.
Protecting Your Rights in a Business Dispute
Whether the majority stakeholders have committed fraud or neglect, or your business is about to sell, merge or be dissolved, you can benefit from the sound counsel of minority shareholder oppression attorney Andy Arnold. Call the Law Office of W. Andrew Arnold at 864-242-4800.
Our Blog Read The Latest About Business Litigation
Although there was very little notice by the press or voters, trade secrets lawyers saw a significant development in...