Representing South Carolina

(864) 242-4800

South Carolina Wage & Hour Litigation Attorney

South Carolina has no laws pertaining to overtime, meal periods, breaks or severance pay. There are also no state laws with regards to paid or unpaid leave for vacations, holidays, jury duty, voting, or sick or bereavement circumstances.

Does this mean you don’t have a wage and hour case? No.

Employee rights attorney Andy Arnold will review your case against the federal Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA), which applies in all states. And while states may develop laws that offer greater protection for their employees, the law most advantageous to the worker prevails. A lawsuit under the FLSA can ask for unpaid overtime or unpaid minimum wage, as well as liquidated (or double) damages, costs and attorneys’ fees.

If an employer fails to pay some or all of what is owed to the employee, an unpaid wages complaint can be filed with Department of Labor, Licensing and Regulation. A civil wage and hour lawsuit for unpaid wages can ask for triple damages, costs and attorneys’ fees.

You Deserve What You’ve Earned

The Law Office of W. Andrew Arnold has practiced in the areas of labor, employment and employee benefits law for nearly 25 years. Whether an employer inadvertently shortchange their workers or willfully disregarded the law, we will pursue remedies for our client under both federal and state wage and hour laws, including:

  • Unpaid Wages
  • Unpaid Overtime
  • Off-the-Clock Work
  • Unpaid Preparatory Work
  • Unreimbursed Job Expenses
  • Misclassification of Job
  • Stock Losses
  • Unsettled Commissions
  • No Notice of Layoff (WARN)
  • Unpaid Benefits (Health, Dental, Vision and Drug)
  • Wrongful Deductions

Hire an Experienced Wage and Hour Litigator

It doesn’t matter if you are an employee or an independent contractor. As a highly respected wage and hour litigator, let Andy Arnold’s experience work for you. Call 864-242-4800 to set up a consultation.

Our Blog Read The Latest About Employment Law

Still Have Questions? Get in Touch

Speak to an Attorney